In the digital marketing journey different digital marketing tools are needed. Digital marketing has become important because it provides more cusomers at a lesser cost but still every person has his own view on digital marketing. A student will see it as a job opportunity. A professional will look for opportunities to use it to grow in their career. A business owner will see it as a medium to increase their sales. I want to use it to increase my business and also want to teach other students the different methods of how to leverage the power of digital marketing.
The first step in using digital marketing tools is making a website.For making a website there are different options .
- Godaddy.com https://sidworld.in/5-reasons-for-using-godaddy/
- Namecheap.com https://www.namecheap.com/
- Hostgator.in https://www.hostgator.in/
- Hostinger https://www.hostinger.in/
- Bluehost https://www.bluehost.in/
- Bigrock.in https://www.bigrock.in/
- A2hosting.com https://www.a2hosting.com/
These are some of the websites where you can purchase a new domain and hosting plan. All the different companies have different pricing plans and services. Some have denomination in US dollars and some in Indian currency. Some have call support and some have chat support. You can purchase according to your convenience. The longer duration you choose ,the cheaper it gets.
After making a website , the second step is installing plugins https://www.wpbeginner.com/glossary/plugin/. The plugins are additional digital marketing tools which improves the performance of the website.There are more than 50000 plugins available to improve the website performance but you should install only those plugins which you need.
For improving the ranking of your blog in Google you need different SEO tools. It is a part of the different digital marketing tools.
- Rankmath https://rankmath.com/
- All in one SEO https://aioseo.com/
- Yoast plugin https://yoast.com/wordpress/plugins/seo/
- Google search console https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/google-search-console
- Ahrefs.com https://ahrefs.com/
- Semrush.com https://www.semrush.com/
- Hubspot.com https://www.hubspot.com/products/crm
- Google keyword planner https://support.google.com/google-ads/answer/7337243?hl=en
- Ubersuggest https://app.neilpatel.com/en/dashboard
These SEO tools help in ranking the articles on top by google on different parameters.
Then comes another exciting part called email marketing https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Email_marketing. In email marketing what happens is a person recieves an email on a perodic basis informing them about the new products or services. (kind of letter used 30 years ago when digital marketing was not as prevalant as today ) .It can be a promotional or a newsletter from any company .
It has proved to become a very effective channel of communication for marketers and there are various tools also which has automated the whole process of marketing through email. A company having millions of customers connect through their customers through email through these email marketing tools.
- Activecampaign https://www.activecampaign.com/
- Getresponse https://www.getresponse.com/
- Mailerlite https://www.mailerlite.com/
- Constantcontact https://www.constantcontact.com/landing1/global-home
- Convertkit https://convertkit.com/
- Mailchimp https://mailchimp.com/
- Sendinblue https://www.sendinblue.com/
- Awber https://www.aweber.com/
- Emailoctopus https://emailoctopus.com/
- Sendfox https://sendfox.com/
- Yetanothermailmerge https://yamm.com/
These are some of the email marketing tools which automate the whole process of email marketing. Every company has a different pricing. Some offer trial version also like convertkit. You can check out yourself which one is the best option for you.
Before email marketing and after creation of the website , there is another step in marketing which is also a important aspect of digital marketing.. It is called a landing page.
Landing page is one page creative where you give the customer some offer in exchange for their basic details like name and email. For creating landing pages there are various tools available. Some email marketing companies also offer landing page services like mailchimp and convertkit. I will give some example of landing pages also.
- Instapage https://instapage.com/
- Leadpages https://www.leadpages.com/
- Unbounce https://unbounce.com/
- Wishpond https://www.wishpond.com/
- Landerapp https://landerapp.com/
Besides these landing page tools , landing page can also be made on a wordpresshttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WordPress page and through elementor.
Besides theses tools ,there are also some digital marketing tools
- Zapier.com https://zapier.com/
- Calendly.com https://calendly.com/
- Typeform https://www.typeform.com/
- Optinmonster https://optinmonster.com/
- Mindnode https://www.mindnode.com/
- Canva.com https://www.canva.com/
These tools are also important in some way or the other . Like Zapier allows you to integrate 2 or more apps with one another. For example you can create a form asking details from the customer with typeform and ask them to book a call through a calendly link . Zapier will integrate the 2 tools . Similarly many integrations are available on their website.
There are some digital marketing tools available for lead generation also. These tools help in finding the email of your propective client .
- Snov.io https://snov.io/
- Getprospect.io https://getprospect.com/
- Findthatlead.com https://getprospect.com/
- Mailshake.com https://mailshake.com/
The next part digital marketing tools is advertising tools.For advertising ,there are primarily 4 major platforms which can be called the pillars of digital marketing.
- Google ads
- Facebook ads
- Twitter ads
- Quora ads
Advertisement on Instagram and whatsapp are included in Facebook ads since Facebook owns all the platforms. Similarly advertisement on gmail and Youtube are included in Google ads since google owns all of them.
There are some video conferencing tools also which is a part of the digital marketing tools .It provides a platform for virtual meeting and webinarshttps://www.hubspot.com/resources/webinar.These proved to be very beneficial during covid times. Every platform have different features and pricing plans . So you have to check them out according to your preferences.
- Zoom.us https://zoom.us/
- Google meet https://meet.google.com/
- Webex.com https://www.webex.com/
- Skype.com https://www.skype.com/en/
- Gotomeeting.com https://www.goto.com/meeting
There are some learning management systems which help a lot in digital marketing modules.
Affliate marketing is also a very important part of digital marketing.Affliate marketing is marketing others products and services for a commision if you do not have any products or services. This also a great way to earn money online.Here are some affliate marketing tools.
- Shareasale.com https://www.shareasale.com/info/
- Commision Junction https://www.cj.com/
- Clickbank.com https://www.clickbank.com/
Towards the end, I want to mention some important points . You will also need a credit card for using these digital marketing tools. Most of these websites have a paid plan and different pricing .Some also offer free trial for 14 days or 30 days . But they also require to fill in the credit card details.
This is just the overview of different digital marketing tools which will be required in your digital marketing journey . I hope it will be helpful for beginners who are just starting out for their digital marketing career.
You can reach out to me @ [email protected]